- It is free of charge to be registered as a borrower.
- Proof of identification is required to obtain a library card.
- Children under the age of 15 years need a parent´s signature.
- The library card must be produced each time when borrowing.
- The library must be informed if the library card is lost.
A charge of NOK 25 must be paid for replacement of lost card (NOK 10 for children under the age of 15 years).
- Messages from the library may be received by sms, e-mail or by letter.
- Borrower must ensure that changes of name, address or e-mailaddress are notified to the library.
Books, audio books and magazines : 4 weeks.
Ebooks: 22 days
DVDs: 3 days (6 days for non-fiction):
Language courses: 3 months.
Borrower can ask for extended loans.
Items can be renewed provided that the items have not been reserved by someone else.
Borrower can reserve items which are on loan.
Requested books which the library doesn´t own, may be provided from other libraries.
For such loans the rules of the library in question apply.
The owner of the library card is responsible for any loan made on the card. It is not permitted to lend the library card to someone else.
Borrowing is free of charge if returning the items in due time.
The borrower is obligated to observe the loan period.
If the loan period is overdue, the library will send reminders.
1.reminder: NOK 50 (NOK 25 for children under the age og 15 years).
2.reminder: NOK 100 (NOK 50 for children under the age of 15 years ).
When the borrower has received 2 reminders, he is denied further loans until overdue fines are paid for and the items are delivered.
After the second reminder the items are regarded as lost and have to be replaced. Claim will be sent to the borrower.
If the items are returned after the claim is sent, an administration charge of NOK 100 has to be paid.
Children´s books: NOK 100 - 500
Fiction : " 200 - 600
Non-fiction: " 200 -1000
magazins: From " 100
Audio books: From " 300
DVDs : " 300
Microfilm " 350
Language courses: " 500, 1000, 1500
Books borrowed on inter-library loan are based on the regulations of the lending library.